Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sicker than sick

Time for a health update. I think I just had one of the worst days of my life.

I haven't been really sick in years. Sure, there have been some colds and headaches here and there, but nothing too bad since junior high. That changed Wednesday.

The doctor said it was probably food poisoning. Whatever it is (and was) it kicked my ass. Completely. Totally.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'll spare you the details, but the illness arose after I got home from work when I finished watching Lost. Perhaps my immune system is as confused as everyone else about the sideways world on that show. That was about 3 a.m. For the next 12 hours, I was, among many things, shivering, aching, dizzy and light-headed. I lost three or four pounds if I read the scale right after the doctor's office. I can't be sure since I was near delirium and could barely see, talk or move.

It was the most violently ill I've ever been.

Since then, I've had a lot of jello, Gatorade and soup. I'm through the worst of it, but not out of the woods entirely. I still get a little light-headed when I stand up and I have no appetite even though I haven't had a full meal in almost two days.

Of course this happens on my weekend. Of course it does.

So there's my status. Currently, I'm watching Rasheed Wallace attempt to play basketball and I think he might bring back my illness. He sucks. And so does food poisoning. I know first-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment