Monday, November 1, 2010

The Grinch

It should be well known I am a Halloween Grinch. I don't like dressing up. I did it as a kid because that is what society expected of me. And also, I wanted free candy.

Now I am an adult with a salary in the multiples of thousands and can purchase candy of my own volition.

Still, I don't want to deprive the little children out there some candy from a stranger. So it was with great shame that I had to ignore the knocks on my apartment door this Halloween.

Let me explain.

I've purchased candy a couple years here and never got one - not one - trick-or-treater. As a result, my abode was bereft of candy. Of course, precocious little children had to knock on my door this time, all excited to get some treats.

Me? I had to sit inside, mute the TV and sit in shame. Also, I had to root for the Pats silently on their final, game-winning drive. It was quite sad. Not cry sad, pathetic sad.

Thankfully, the apartment across the hall helped me out by graciously handing out some goodies.

All the while, the Halloween Grinch sat silent in his little cave.



P.S. Who told you the Giants were going to win the World Series??? I think you know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment