Friday, March 6, 2009

Steve's Peeves



A big "Fuck You" goes to my apartment complex. At the ripe hour of 8:30 in the morning, I awoke to the wonderful sound of a chainsaw not more than 10 feet from my bedroom window. They were trimming the palm trees, apparently, and they continued to do so for a couple of hours.


This wasn't the first time, either. I've long grown used to interrupted sleep, since my slumber hours conflict with 75% of the country's population. I'm lucky if I can get more than 5 hours uninterrupted three times a week. Kids playing outside and yelling loudly at 9 a.m. Fine. Power washing the sidewalks at 10 a.m. Whatever. Mowing the lawn at 8. I hate it, but I accept it now.

But a chainsaw? Right outside my window? On the dickishness scale, that's a solid 10.
Maybe I should perform similar loud acts at 2 a.m. I'm wide awake, so why not? Hell, I can do 3 a.m., too. I can buy a drum kit and practice. I can run my own midnight circus with rabid dogs and bears. How would you "regular" sleepers like that? Keep it up, and you may find out one day. Two can play this game.

It just really, really, REALLY grinds my gears.

1 comment:

  1. I might fly out to Florida just to see you run a midnight circus with rabid dogs and bears.

    ReplyDelete