Thursday, January 8, 2009

There's a game tonight

Just forty minutes away from where I am sitting, a rather important college football game will be played. Oklahoma vs. Florida for the BCS national championship.

My place of employment is absolutely full of Gator fans. They're everywhere. But in my department, the atmosphere is decidedly anti-Florida for various reasons. (Some of my esteemed colleagues are Ohio State fans ...)

Many of them can't stand Tim Tebow. He's almost too perfect. Too media savvy. I have no strong feelings one way or the other besides the fact that I find it hilarious he circumcises little boys. I do know one thing: He's a great player. I think he'll show that again tonight in a virtual home game for the SEC champs.

I'm pulling for Oklahoma though. Don't ask me why. (They're fun to watch?) The Sooners' defense and special teams won't get it done, but they will score their share of points. Just not enough.

Expert prediction: Florida 35, Oklahoma 31

No comments:

Post a Comment