Monday, February 16, 2009

Cain and Adams

Sometimes, even in this age of instant news, I fall behind. That's precisely what happened today when I found out the 49ers released Hall of Fame linebacker Tully Banta-Cain last week.

Like most who leave the Patriots, my man TBC struggled. For a player of such talent, for such a disruptive force, it was shocking. I blame the San Francisco system. While initially saddened by this development, I am now excited.

This means TBC can go back to the Pats!

It's common knowledge that the Pats would have a 19-0 season to their credit if they had retained TBC's services. Even his most vociferous and delusional detractors would admit that. Add him to a linebacking group with rising stars Jerrod Mayo and Gary Guyton and you'll have a dominant defense for years.

So get on the phone, Bill. Now.

Also, after what seemed like 55 years, Family Guy returned to the airwaves last night. Finally. It was a very solid episode with the highlight being Stewie Griffin's music video: a tribute to the genius of Bryan Adams.

They're taking the clip down all over the place, obviously. (Damn you, Adams Communications!) So I will not bother linking to it. The whole episode in on Hulu however. You just have to find a way to watch Stewie's version of "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)." It's one of the best things Family Guy has done in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment