Sunday, May 31, 2009

List-apalooza

I am going to borrow from esteemed blogger Chad Finn and compile a list of Top 5s for your enjoyment.

TV shows from June 2008-May 2009
5. 24
4. True Blood
3. Lost
2. The Shield
1. Friday Night Lights

Favorite classic Classic Rock songs
5. The Ocean - Led Zeppelin
4. All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
3. London Calling - The Clash
2. Baba O'Riley - The Who
1. Dream On - Aerosmith

Pet Peeves
5. People who start talking to me but stop and say "Nevermind."
4. When people who think they're better than everyone because they only shop at Whole Foods and eat vegetables and tofu and then snark at me for having a cookie.
3. Drivers who, instead of waiting one second for me to pass, merge onto a street in front of me, forcing me to slow down considerably or use my brakes. This always happens when there's not a single car in sight behind me for hundreds of yards.
2. Drivers who think the entire neighborhood needs to hear their crappy music/people who have bass so loud it shakes MY car
1. How every damn bill is due within a week of each other.

Most traumatic events of my childhood
5. First near car accident when I was very, very young. My maternal grandmother was in the car as well and it's basically my only memory of her
4. My first "Lost in the supermarket" nightmare
3. The first time I got on a plane and discovered the intense pain it causes in my jaw and ears. This was in the fourth grade and I was on my first trip to Disney World in Orlando.
2. Getting a cute gray kitten only to have it die a week later
1. Getting bike-jacked about two minutes from my house. Cranston is tough town.

Favorite Beatles songs
5. Norwegian Wood (This Bird has Flown)
4. The Long and Winding Road
3. Penny Lane
2. She Said, She Said
1. Something - I can never get enough of the bridge. "You're asking me will my love grow / I don't know I don't know."

Saddest songs
5. Hurt (cover) - Johnny Cash: He pretty much sang this song on his deathbed. Really powerful
4. Brick - Ben Folds Five
3. Imagine - John Lennon: For me, it's sad because all of the dreams he sings about will never happen.
3. Black - Pearl Jam
1. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton: Goes without saying

Most important moments that shaped my political views
5. Myrth York's losses to Lincoln Almond in the Rhode Island governor's races. Not sure why I was rooting for her, but I was.
4. 1984
3. My dad telling me once, "I've been around 70 years and the Republicans have been wrong on almost every single issue."
2. 9/11. Dirty little secret coming up: I went through a little conservative phase after that event. I wanted blood. When I saw the Palestinians celebrating on TV (turned out to be BS) I wanted to bomb the shit out of them. I was cutting out conservative columns from the papers early my freshman year at college. But then they started to use 9/11 for crass political points and that was it for me. I regained my senses.
1. 2000 Presidential Election. The first time I voted. The way that whole thing went down set in motion my extreme dislike of the conservative movement.

Favorite athletes of my tween/teen years
5. Marcus Camby
4. Cuttino Mobley
3. Roger Clemens
2. Drew Bledsoe
1. Mo Vaughn

Top Hawk moments
5. Getting a call asking which Red Sox players were circumcised
4. My first time seeing that Dave Santino treason poster. Hilarious.
3.My "good guy" campaign against Grimey. We took it a bit too far, but it was fun at the beginning.
2. When Champ called Emily - while she was sick - pretending to be "Dr. Jones." I don't know if I've ever laughed that hard before.
1. Watching the Red Sox win the World Series in 2004 with fellow Hawks Grimey and Katie. There should be a plaque somewhere.

Top things/people I have introduced to Jeff Schaible
5. The New England Patriots
4. Z.C. Hossem
3. That journalism would be a much easier major than international affairs
2. His fiancee
1. The Killers

Top things/people I have introduced to Zach Hosseini
5. Lost
4. J.R. Schaible
3. Alcohol
2. "Not like this!"
1. The Ch-ch-ch-changeup followed by the 95 mph knuckleball

Top 5 things Jeff Schaible has introduced to me
5. Tickets to my first Yankees-Red Sox game
4. Bowls of crusty, pungent onion dip
3. The shortest video game sports seasons known to man
2.Tom Brady as the "future of the team" minutes after Drew Bledsoe went down
1. The Schaible Face

Top 5 things Zach Hosseini has introduced to me
5. 30 Rock
4. Conservative radio talk show host Chipford Tuckerton Battlecreek X: "Liberals!"
3. The Starbucks frappuchino
2. Speckled Hen
1. The outside world (it's still scary)

No comments:

Post a Comment